- Evening, Weekend & Online Programs
- ALUMNI RELATIONS
- GIVING TO LAKELAND
- ABOUT LAKELAND
This week, the Lakeland College athletics department is participating in the first nationwide celebration of NCAA Division III week. This year, 35 percent of Lakeland students participate in varsity sports, competing for the love of the game. Lakeland is proud to join approximately 450 division III schools in celebrating the academic and athletic accomplishments of student-athletes, as well as their leadership, community service and campus involvement.
Lakeland's student-athletes are among nearly 180,000 students who play varsity sports in the NCAA's largest division. These student-athletes represent the NCAA Division III logo: Discover, develop and dedicate. Lakeland student-athletes are discovering their potential, developing their passions and dedicating themselves to academic success while preparing to contribute to society.
Did You Know?
· Division III is the NCAA's largest division with approximately 42 percent of NCAA membership
· There are 43 Division III Conferences
· On average, student-athletes represent 20 percent of the student body at Division III institutions.
· Division III student-athletes report significantly greater gains in time management when compared with non-athletes.
· Division III student-athletes report active academic engagement and participation in academic extras such as research with faculty, study-abroad opportunities and capstone/senior thesis projects.
Lakeland is celebrating National Student-Athlete Day on April 19 with a special luncheon. To learn more about Division III athletics and Division III week, visit www.ncaa.org.