Lakeland College

Undergraduate Financial Aid

 In accordance with federal regulations set forth by The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, Lakeland College is required to make available to enrolled students, prospective students and their parents certain consumer information. To meet the requirement, information for Lakeland College is provided on our Consumer Information Disclosures page


More info about Eligibility

To be eligible for federal and state aid, a student needs to be:

  • A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Registered with Selective Service, if male. For more information, visit the Selective Service Home Page.
  • Demonstrate financial need, as determined by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Enrolled at least half-time (audited classes do not apply).
  • Working toward a degree at Lakeland College.
  • Making satisfactory academic progress.
  • Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, at any institution.

To be eligible for Lakeland College aid, a student needs to:

  • All of the above items required for federal aid.
  • Be accepted to Lakeland College.

How to Apply

Steps to Apply

More info about How to Apply

We've assembled the following steps to aid you in the process of applying for financial aid. It is recommended that the applications be completed at least five weeks prior to the start of the term to ensure the timely processing of your financial aid award.  

After you've completed all the application requirements, you will receive an Award Letter. This will contain a financial aid award based on the maximum amount for which you are eligible.

If you have any questions along the way, please contact us.

For maximum consideration of financial aid, the following steps are required:

  • Be officially accepted for admission to Lakeland College.
  • Submit requested financial aid documentation.

For the 2015-2016 year (applicable to Fall 2015, Spring 2016 & Summer 2016) please complete the following:

Be Prepared

  • Complete your 2014 taxes. You will need to do this. It is best to fill out the FAFSA using your completed taxes.
  • Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID and Password (FSA ID). Your FSA ID and password allow you to electronically sign your FAFSA application. Click Here To Apply For a FSA ID.
  • FAFSA On The Web Worksheet. Use the 2014-2015 FAFSA On The Web Pre-Application Worksheet to assist you in collecting information for questions asked on the online FAFSA.

There are two ways to complete your FAFSA:

  • Online at - processing time 1-2 weeks (recommended method)
    We encourage you to use complete your FAFSA on the web.
    Lakeland College's school code is 003854.
    Be sure you and your parents sign your FAFSA.
    Print a copy of your completed FAFSA for your records
  • Paper version - processing time 2-4 weeks
    If online access is not available, paper FAFSA's are only available from the U.S.
    Department of Education by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
    Lakeland College's school code is 003854.
    Be sure you and your parents sign your FAFSA.
    Make a copy of your completed FAFSA for your records.
    Mail your FAFSA to the Department of Education.

Follow up

  • Once the Department of Education receives and processes your FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). This is a record of your FAFSA, review it for accuracy.
  • The SAR will show your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculated by the information you provided on your FAFSA. The EFC is the amount determined by the Dept. of Education that your family is expected to contribute to your education for the upcoming year.
  • During the application process, you may be asked to verify the information reported on the FAFSA. We will request the appropriate documentation from you, if necessary.
  • If you have special circumstances, you may submit a Request for Special Circumstances form to the Financial Aid Office. Go to Forms to see the special circumstances forms.

Military Benefits

More info about Military Benefits

Lakeland College is dedicated to serving students who receive military benefits by providing timely and accurate information about the college and benefit certification prior to and during a student's enrollment at the college.

Lakeland College is state agency approved to certify all programs with the exception of the Wisconsin GI Bill, which is restricted to public institutions, and the VRAP program, which is restricted to approved two-year institutions. Lakeland's Veterans Coordinator, Sue Bialk, will process all appropriate military paperwork on a semester-by-semester basis. You can reach her by telephone at 920-565-1032 ext. 2378  or by email at . Her office is located in William A. Krueger, Room #109.

You may also contact Karen Fischer at 920-565-1032 ext. 2376 for assistance with VA concerns at .

If you are unsure of your eligibility for benefits, please contact your local VA Service Office (located in your local courthouse), go to, or call the GI Bill Call Center at 1-888-GIBILL-1. Once you are certain of your eligibility, you can access all pertinent forms required to apply for your military benefits or to transfer your benefits to Lakeland College from another college or university by visiting Complete all pertinent forms, and submit them.

Veterans should notify Sue Bialk of enrollment each term, and any changes in enrollment (add/drops/withdrawals). Failure to do so could result in benefits not being processed or in overpayments.

Benefit programs include:

  • Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 Bill/Yellow Ribbon)
  • State Veterans (VET ED and DMA 189)
  • Montgomery GI Bill-Chapter 30
  • Tuition Assistance
  • Chapter 31
  • Chapter 35

Federal Loans

More info about Federal Loans

Student/Parent Loans — Evening & Online Program

If you accepted a loan on your Award Letter, there are a couple of steps that need to be completed prior to your loan(s) being disbursed to your tuition account. These steps include completing loan entrance counseling (first-time borrower) and completing the Master Promissory Note (MPN). All Stafford loans will be borrowed from the U.S. Department of Education through the Federal Direct Loan Program. Click on the following links to complete the requirement(s) for you Federal Direct Loan:

Parent Federal PLUS Loan 2015-2016 (Applicable to Fall 2015, Spring 2016 & Summer 2016)

The Federal Parent PLUS Loan provides loans to parents of dependent students attending post-secondary schools. All loan funds received under the program must be used to pay for the cost of attending a post-secondary school.

Parents can apply for instant pre-approval onlineand complete the Master Promissory Note for the PLUS loan online.  If you do not have online access, please contact the financial aid office. Please be aware that credit check/loan approval is only valid for 180 days.

The Financial Aid Office will be notified of the credit decision. If the application is approved, the Financial Aid Office will certify the PLUS loan. If a parent is denied a PLUS loan, the student's financial aid package will be reviewed to determine if the student has additional Federal Direct Unsubsidized loan eligibility. A revised award letter will be completed.

Exit Counseling

Federal regulations require students who have borrowed through a federal loan program to participate in an exit counseling session after they are no longer enrolled. You may complete this requirement on the Internet. You will need your FSA (Federal Student Aid) username and password to complete exit counseling.

Alternative Loans

Students are recommended to exhaust all federal loan options first. If additional funding is needed, alternative loans are a source of non-federal educational loans available through a variety of national lending institutions. Minimum and maximum amounts to borrow may vary by program, but all require a satisfactory credit history for approval. These loans have their own application processes which are available online. Download this pdf for more information.

Outside Resources

More info about Outside Resources

Additional Outside Resources

  • The AmeriCorps Program provides full-time educational awards in return for work in community service. You can work before, during, or after your post secondary education, and you can use the funds either to pay current educational expenses or to repay federal student loans. For more information, call 1-800-942-2677. Information is also available through the internet at
  • Public libraries are an excellent source of information on state and private sources of aid.
  • Many companies and labor unions have programs to help pay the cost of post secondary education for employees and/or their children.
  • Sources of financial aid also include foundations, religious organizations, fraternities or sororities, and town or city clubs. Include community organizations and civic groups such as the American Legion, YMCA, 4-H Club, Elks, Kiwanis, Jaycees, and the Girl or Boy Scouts in your search.
  • The internet also has information on private sources of aid. Search under the keywords financial aid, student aid, scholarships, etc
Lakeland College Logo

Contact Us

Got questions or comments? Let us know:

  • PHONE: 1 (800) 569-2166
    FAX: 920-565-1062
  • MAIL: PO Box 359, Sheboygan, WI 53082-0359
  • MAIN ADDRESS: W3718 South Drive Plymouth, WI 53073-4878 | Directions

Connect with us

Follow us & get in touch.

You are here: Home Evening, Weekend & Online Financial Aid Undergrad Financial Aid