Lakeland’s Office of Information Technology is committed to providing you and all members of our Lakeland community with the best, timeliest technology-based service possible.
Our staff takes great pride in helping maintain an efficient, productive campus by, among other things:
- Providing effective and prompt technology support for computer, multimedia and web-based applications and services to all areas of the college.
- Promoting and facilitating the effective integration of technology through planning, programming, training, consulting and other support-based activities.
- Develop, enhance and manage Lakeland’s networks to provide high-speed, transparent and highly functional connectivity.
- Developing and maintaining highly effective, reliable, secure and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitating the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promoting new uses of information technology within the institution.
- Providing leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
In addition, numerous IT employment and internship opportunities are available for Lakeland College students.
- Learn hands-on computer skills
- Work hours before semester starts
- Work during vacation breaks and summers
- Discover broad range computer science disciplines
- Increase interactive communications skills
- Earn college credit while interning for 150 hours
- Develop self-directed computer project
- Learn computer skills beyond the text book
- Gain valuable work experience