Professional sequence of courses:
- EDU 100 Introduction to Education
- EDU 140 Introduction to Educational Technology (2 semester hours)
- EDUP 230 Educational Psychology
- EDUP 330 Human Growth and Development
- EDU 361 Reading in the Content Area (Early Adolescence through Adolescence)
- EDU 371 Teaching Techniques in the Early Adolescence through Adolescence Level
- EDU 373 Field Experience in Education
- EDUP 432 Survey of the Exceptional Person
- EDU 449 Education Capstone (Writing Intensive) One Mathematics (MAT) course numbered 130 or above with the exception of MAT 210 Mathematics for Middle Childhood through Early Adolescence Teachers
- EDU 460 Observation and Student Teaching for Early Adolescence through Adolescence Level (12 semester hours)
- EDU 470 Seminar, Observation and Student Teaching 6-12 (2 semester hours), Must be taken concurrently with EDU 460
- GEN 111 Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- SOC 210 Majority - Minority Relations
Students seeking certification at the early childhood through adolescence certification level must complete a major in business education, German, music (choral, general, or instrumental) or Spanish.
Note: Music education students follow a unique set of course requirements. Please refer to the music section of the academic catalog.