About Specialized Administration
This unique program is offered to students who come to Lakeland having already completed an associate degree in a technical or highly specialized field at a two-year college or technical school. The program allows those experienced students to build upon their expertise by adding a full range of business, accounting, and economics courses. With the "management side" of their specialty then completed, those students can graduate with a bachelor's degree in specialized administration that references their specific field.
Students who major in specialized administration will be able to:
- apply the central principles of business and business administration, specifically to the students' chosen areas of expertise;
- comprehend the ways in which economic institutions and behavior at various levels - personal, business, and social - influence administrative practices and decisions;
- specialize in non-business subject areas in order to explore business opportunities connected to the students' areas of expertise;
- communicate business and economic information to stakeholders within specialized fields in a clear and professional manner; and
- appreciate and abide by the ethical and legal rules by which business entities relate to one another and to society.