You're invited to this year's Family Weekend on Nov. 15-17, 2013. This is a great opportunity to visit our campus, participate in activities, spend time with your student and meet a few new people. Below you will find a schedule for the weekend. Please register by Friday, November 8, for all events that your family plans to attend. You can receive complimentary tickets for the men's and women's basketball games and the fall play, but only if you register in advance!
Friday, November 15
- 5-7 p.m. — Family Registration/Check-in, Wehr Center Lobby
- 5 p.m. — Women’s Basketball vs. Calvin College, Wehr Center. Go Muskies!! Tickets required. Free tickets for families that register by Friday, November 8.
- 6-7:30 p.m. — Presidential Meet and Greet, Wehr Center Lobby. Come meet and mingle with Interim President Dan Eck and other Lakeland College administrators in between basketball games. Light refreshments will be provided. Our Lakeland family is eager to meet you and your family!
- 7 p.m. — Men’s Basketball vs. Martin Luther College, Wehr Center. Go Muskies!! Tickets required. Free tickets for families that register by Friday, November 8.
- 7:30 p.m. — LC’s Fall Play: Farndale Macbeth, Bradley Fine Arts Building. See description below. Tickets required. Free tickets for families that register by Friday, November 8
Saturday, November 16
- 9 a.m.-Noon — Daily Grind Coffee Shop Open, Campus Center Lobby. Open for special hours during Family Weekend!
- 10 a.m.-Noon — Family Registration/Check-in, Campus Center Lobby
- 10 a.m.-Noon — Family Pictures with Musko and Craft Time, Campus Center Lobby. Say CHEESE! Get a family photo taken with Musko and work on craft items that will help keep that memory last a lifetime. Even if your family isn’t coming, register for this event and bring your new LC family/friends for a photo!
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — Campus Shop (Bookstore) Open, Laun Center
- 1 p.m. — CANstruction Competition, Wehr Center Lobby. See more information below.
- 3 p.m. — Magician Glen Gerard, The Pub. Glen is a very talented magician, illusionist, and entertainer that brings comedy to every show. He has been featured on Good Day Wisconsin, appeared at the Las Vegas Hilton in the Smothers Brothers Show, and has featured his talent for the Packers and Milwaukee Bucks.
- 5:30 p.m. — Dinner and a Show, DVB/ Laun 209. Tickets required. Free tickets for families that register by Friday, November 8. Meet other LC families while enjoying an evening of fine dining. The dinner will include three courses and will feature a director’s cut from Charlie Krebs.
- 7:30 p.m. — LC’s Fall Play: Farndale Macbeth, Bradley Fine Arts Building. See description below. Tickets required. Free tickets for families that register by Friday, November 8.
Sunday, November 17
- 9 a.m.-10:15 a.m. — Breakfast Bingo (with free continental breakfast items), Bossard Hall. Play Bingo and win PRIZES. Enjoy a few games of Bingo over some continental breakfast items. It’s free!! Please register so that we know how many to expect for the fun!
- 9 a.m.-Noon — Daily Grind Coffee Shop Open, Campus Center Lobby. Open for special hours during Family Weekend.
- 10:30 a.m. — Chapel Service, Ley Chapel. Lakeland College chaplain, Rob Sizemore, will be sharing a message to all families. Come join this service in Ley Chapel, right across from the Chase and Wehr buildings. All are welcome to join for a morning of praise and worship. Families are not required to attend.
- 2 p.m. — LC’s Fall Play: Farndale Macbeth, Bradley Fine Arts Building. See description below. Tickets required. Free tickets for families that register by Friday, November 8.
The Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference is currently conducting the Eighth Annual Cans Across the Conference Food Drive. This event takes place every fall and invites schools to compete against one another to see who can collect the most non-perishable food items. LC has proudly placed second the last two years and has donated to a local community food pantry. We are asking families to bring canned goods or any non-perishable food items. As part of the Cans Across the Conference Food Drive, Lakeland’s SAAC and the Community Service Office have teamed up to host a CANstruction Competition for our students, faculty and staff. At the Family Weekend CANstruction Competition on Saturday, November 16, families will be competing against each other to build something out of the non-perishable food items they have brought. Don't worry we will supply some cans for you to use, as well. This is sure to be a fun event for a good cause, and who wouldn’t want a chance to win a few prizes along the way?
Lakeland Theatre presents: The Farndale New Jersey Community College Theatre Guild's Production of Macbeth The Scottish Play
The students in the Farndale New Jersey Community College’s Theatre Guild believe themselves to be abundantly better actors than they are. They strive to do an adventurous production of Macbeth but, with missing actors, scenery that tries its hardest to stand up, and props that sometimes work too often, Shakespeare himself might struggle to recognize The Scottish Play.
Make sure to ask for Lakeland College rates for Family Weekend!